Pest Inspection Reports
Find hidden problems and make sure you’re protected
Research shows that as many as 1 in 3 Australian homes will suffer from termites at some point in their life. And the worst part is that termites often go undetected until they’ve already caused significant damage.
Before you commit to purchasing or selling a home, it is important to check for any serious problems that may be hiding in the woodwork. It could save you thousands of dollars in the long run.
Karen Logan Building Inspection Reports brokers reports for clients with Blue Ribbon Pest Control.
As we conduct both the building inspection and pest inspection during the same visit, this means you get the added benefit of having two pairs of eyes looking at your property at once for faster, more thorough coverage.
What does the inspection involve?
The timber pest inspection and report is carried out in accordance with the requirements of AS 4349.3 – 2010 Inspection of buildings – Timber pest inspections.
- Visual non-invasive report
- Specifies discovery or non-discovery of infestation or damage
- Identify if termite barrier is in place, or if it needs maintenance
- Check for subterranean and dampwood termites (white ants)
- Check for borers of seasoned timbers
- Check for wood decay fungi
- Recommendations for future termite prevention
Blue Ribbon Pest Control is a licensed pest controller and is licensed to install physical and chemical Barriers, e.g. Plasmite products, reticulation and stainless steel mesh.
Why do I need a pest inspection?
No property is safe from termites. It can take as little as 3 months for a termite colony to severely damage almost all the timber in a home!
Getting a timber pest inspection will give you or your potential buyer the peace of mind of knowing exactly what condition the building is in, aiding in negotiation and pricing, as well as any claims or applications for remedy works.
What does my timber pest inspection include?
- Identify any timber pest activity past or current
- Determine if a termite barrier has been installed and if it has been maintained
- Identify areas that may allow termites access to the building
- Make recommendations to prevent termite invasion
More information on termites and timber pest inspections
For in-depth information about termites and timber pest inspections, please visit our FAQs section.